The DeepEyes Algorithm
Born from almost two decades of research conducted by video analytics and neuro technology scientists as well as experts in predictive technologies we have developed a complex, self-learning algorithm that can reliably and accurately analyze video data in real-time without external communication like grid computing or neural networks. Instead the technology is an on-device neural network accellerator.
The technology operates on standard off-the-shelve hardware, even on a tiny micro-controller.
The uses of our technology are endless and we continue to push the limits of what is possible.
- A unique combination of mathematical and statistical algorithms
- Processing of information in RAM
- Use of low-level languages
Why This Technology is Special:
- Processing of large amounts of data per unit cycle.
- We solve complex classification tasks on low-end controllers (e.g. Arduino)
- Currently testing solutions that allow us to increase our speed 20 times. For example, 4000 polygons are classified in a few milliseconds.
- Most analytics tasks around our technology can be solved using a normal smartphone.
- Customization or OEM on request.
- Simple interface, easy integration and customization.
For specific customer requirements we have developed the following technologies:
Less Code – More Maths
The DeepEyes technology uses several combinations of Bayesian methods for the classification and analysis of images and data. The technology is adaptive, this means it can evolve models that dynamically respond to changes. For example, the core algorithm for our emotion recognition technology consists of definitions of about 98 physiological parameters. It is able to work without external communication; that means that it can operate on-device and does not need neural networks or grid computing. Depending on our customers´specific requirements all our algorithms are slightly altered or combined with additional technologies.
The Algorithm Includes (but is not limited to):
- Pulse, eye movement, respiratory rate recognition
- Patterns of behavior/reactions to events
- Head turns, activity of facial muscles or areas of the face
- Moving objects of any kind
- Anomalies and outliers recognition
Individual Emotion Recognition
The DeepEyes individual emotion recognition technology detects the tiniest movements in faces with a normal video camera. The technology measures 98 parameters in relaxed faces and can afterwards identify aberrations thus recognizing a large number of emotional shades specific for this particular person. Also drowsiness or intoxication – specific moods that manifest themselves through facial expressions can be recognized.
The unique DeepEyes technology is extremely performing and efficient. In fact the technology works like a lie detector without the traditional wiring and without requiring a specialist polygraph examiner who interprets the results.
It relies exclusively on the facial expression of the examined individual.
- Works with simple HD cameras.
- Tells emotions like uncertainty, anger, surprise, well-being, confidence, mental disorder etc.
- Undemanding in terms of computer power
- Works efficiently on smart phones or pads
Gesture and Motion Recognition
The DeepEyes gesture and motion recognition accurately and completely tracks precise body movements through a normal HD camera. It accompanies the human body down to hand and finger movements and recognizes specific body movements as well as any defined outlier, pattern or anomaly.
All this is possible with a standard web-camera on a standard personal computer. No additional equipment or accessories are required. The monitored individual moves freely without wiring. Special motion sensors are obsolete. DeepEyes works standalone, on-device / without an internet connection.
DeepEyes operates privacy secure due to the fact that:
- only selected pixels are being processed
- data are not being stored
- data are not sent via the cloud
- faces can be blurred
Object Recognition and Monitoring
The DeepEyes object recognition identifies even minor changes, anomalies or outliers on surfaces from raw materials and purchased parts to partially completed goods to finished goods or merchandise. Being an artificial intelligence solution the technology is able to learn and recognizes any kind of flaws even in irregular shaped objects, like fresh produce or meat.
The technology is ideal for replacing costly manual labour or maintenance prone high-tech sensors and machinery.
Customizable to any requirements including:
- Determining tolerances
- Experimental design for dynamic characteristics
Typical Application Areas
- Cost-effective quality monitoring on conveyer belts
- Cost-effective quality control during chemical or mechanical processes